Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sad Tale of a Substitute Beater...

I am such a bad student because I didn't do my homework this week, but I have visited Madame Pomfrey at least twice. I can't stand the fact that a BEATER has to get hit with a Bludger during a Quidditch game, especially since we were doing so well. I heard that one of the Seekers from one of the other teams got hurt when he fell off his broom trying to catch the Snitch, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. Misery does love company, right?

Madame Pomfrey gave me a little bit of Skelegrow, but I'm not sure it had the desired effect. Or maybe one's arm is supposed to hurt like hell after trying (and epically failing) to keep a Bludger from smacking into her best Chaser friend. This is Andrew, not Spencer, though I must say that Spencer is quite cute. But Andrew's one of my best friends ever.

So now I'm off the Quidditch team (I think Vorian decided this because Yuri had been one of the ones who tried to convince me to try out again this year) for probably the rest of the season and that snobby Bontecou kid is now the other Beater. Oh well. Maybe I can have fun and actually watch a game and since I'm still a substitute, I'll be showing up at practice.

~Callisto Verity

No comments:

Post a Comment