Friday, March 6, 2009

Snow Week

So everyone else got to have fun in the snow at Hogwarts, but I was stuck inside due to still feeling sick from the after effects of the Skele-gro that Madame Pomfrey gave me after our Quidditch match. At least I can move my arm now, but she still advised me that I should give it a rest (like for a few weeks) and then when I tried to convince Professor McAllistair that I was perfectly fine, he also snapped at me that I shouldn't try too much. One would think he'd push his students to try harder in his class, not allow slacking off in any way. Even if they can't really help it. Thankfully, Potions isn't very heavy on the wand-waving and Hana and I are in the same class, so she can help me chop things up until I can use my hand fully again.

While I could hear everyone else playing outside in the snow, I was mostly working on the essay we had for Arithmancy and the translation assignment for Ancient Runes. I do love my classes, but I'm beginning to think that Ravenclaws don't get it. Like they love to learn things, but what do they do with what they know? Slytherins and Gryffindors use knowledge to further their purposes; that's one thing I've seen from the differences between Professor Gunner's class and Professor Ockham's class. Professor Ockham is the Transfiguration teacher, in case you didn't know.

Uh oh... here comes Andrew. I guess I'll write more later, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment