Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Six

Since this is Callisto's blog, I shall be answering these how she would.

Have you had any snow lately?
Yes! It always snows here during the winter at Hogwarts. Just a few days ago, it snowed another couple of inches... and there's always someone making enchanted snow in the Great Hall.
Do you love to play in the snow?
Not really. It's kind of cold and nasty. I like to stay inside and read instead... I'm so much of a Ravenclaw!
Is a bit of snow a good excuse for a day of work/school?
Yes! Playing Quidditch in the snow is incredibly hard, it turns out and what else can you do outside the Common Room, other than play Quidditch and hex stupid Hufflepuffs and Gryffindorks who don't know their counterspells?
Do you think people panic when it snows, specially when they are not used to it?
Yes. I remember my first year at Hogwarts and I'd known Donovan for a few years by then. He's from America, where it doesn't snow. When the older kids got to go to Hogsmeade (lucky!) and it was snowing really hard, he totally started freaking out. It would've been funny, but Emrick told me that only he was allowed to make fun of his cousin. Emrick doesn't know it, but I think I make fun of him more! Of course, Ali always tells me to stop and that it isn't nice. I've never given him a nasty hex before... just a stinging jinx every now and then and Petrificus Totalus a few times.
Is it Christmas without any snow?
Well, it's always snowed on Christmas here for as long as I can remember and even if it doesn't, Mum can enchant our backyard to be covered in snow if she wants. She's never done that on Christmas before, but she did it on Lara's birthday (her birthday's in the middle of July) one year. She had to cast protective charms to keep the nosey Muggle neighbours away.
If it was to snow tomorrow and you had 10 inches of snow outside your front door what would you do?
I would wonder if the professors or the Ravenclaws were playing a joke on us because I live down in the dungeons. It's probably cold enough down here to snow, but I don't think Miss Wartbobble would let that happen! Or Quinn because she is good with magic and she can fix things.

No comments:

Post a Comment