Monday, April 6, 2009

The Miracle Worker?

Well, I have only been able to knit since Friday, but already, I am about 75% of the way done with the bag for Bernadette. I guess I have a lot to owe to the fact that it's not a very difficult pattern, but even I didn't know I could knit that fast. Now, I just have to finish the flap, the shoulder strap (haha, I can't crochet, so that should be fun...) and put in the lining. Am I amazing or what?

And I have a few extra surprises I need to finish up for her, but I doubt those will take very long. And I need to wait for the stuff that I ordered in the mail to arrive and pick out the pattern I am going to send her... I have a few ideas. Then my package will be ready to go! In fact, we have another week until the early mailing deadline and I think there is a very good chance that I will make it!!!

This is really amazing news because I missed the early mailing deadline last term by less than a week (I was having major difficulties with some of the knitting projects I had chosen to take on) and it's even more amazing considering the fact that at one point, I wasn't sure if I would be able to stay in the swap and a week ago, I was pretty sure I would have to figure out something completely different to use for the handmade object.

I am just very thankful that I can knit again and still be a part of HSKS7. I have made quite a few friends through these past two swaps, most notably, Cassandra C and Minerva Wood of Ravenclaw, Andromeda Finch-Fletchley of Slytherin and quite a few others. In my opinion, this is the best part of the swaps... being able to meet new people and make new friends. I am thankful for all of you and I also really hope that Bernadette likes my package ^_^

Well, I should really be going soon. We have an exam in Professor Ockham's class later this week and his exams are always tough. Did I mention he used to be a Ravenclaw? Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. I'll write more later.
~Callisto

No comments:

Post a Comment